A PPL is a Private Pilots Licence. It entitles the holder to fly specific light aircraft, over most of the world. It has a few restrictions, although all PP’s (private Pilots) are aware of these. You can take various extra courses to add new ratings to your licence to remove these restrictions. These include; Instrument Meteorological Rating (IMC), Night Rating and an Aerobatics rating.
To gain a UK PPL, the following are the minimum required:
- 45 hours flight time, of which at least 10 must be solo.
- A valid Class 2, or Class 1 medical certificate.
- Must have passed 9 written exams.
- Must have passed a Skills Test.
- Must have passed the RT (Radio Telephony) practical.
To receive instructional flying you must be at least 14 years of age.
To fly solo you must be 16 and 17 to gain your licence. There is no upper age limit.
Please visit and "Like" our Facebook Page for other up to date news and chat, and please ask your friends to "Like" our page too.